Thursday, December 27, 2007
For the most part, since Thanksgiving, we have had something going on EVERY weekend and MANY week nights. Thanksgiving, a friend's baby shower, prenatal classes every Tuesday night for 5 weeks, MY baby shower, Hanukkah party to attend for some in-laws, my birthday, company Christmas party, Christmas shopping and decorating, Christmas Eve party at my house, Christmas Day (bouncing back and forth between my folks' place and his ma's house), and now, whew...finally time to catch my breath and get ready for the little one's arrival. Is it that time already??! I can't believe it! I am 37.4 weeks pregnant. There is only 16 days left 'til my due date of Jan 13. I can't believe it! The room is ready, my diaper bag is packed, the kitchen has been rearranged to accommodate a set of cupboards and drawer for all of the baby stuff like formula, bottles, bibs, pacifiers, etc. and pretty much all that's left is me packing MY hospital bag. What's the delay you ask? Bleh...the fact that I have NOTHING that fits that I can part with as a "spare" for the hospital bag! Honestly. I have gained a whoppin' 30lbs. And I am ALL baby. All out front. Nothing but sweatpants are comfortable these days...and let me tell you, Victoria's Secret or not, I am SICK TO DEATH OF SWEATPANTS!!! I can't wait to wear just jeans and a darn hoodie again!!!!! Wwaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Okay, that's me crying...pity party is over, there isn't much time left now, I know, and I can make it through!
Especially considering that I started working from home earlier this month. What a HUGE relief! It's SO nice to be able to sleep in, especially when I'm not sleeping more than 2-4 hours a night. It's also nice on said sleepless nights, to be able to get up and work! I am getting more accomplished here at home IN THE HOME, and working for home, in much less time! Granted, some day's I don't get my shower 'til 3PM, but well, small sacrifice, I suppose!
What else....hmmm...birthday was good, rather uneventful, just went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, THE KEG, with my family--and got some gift cards for post-baby delivery shopping!! WOOHOO!!! Nothing beats that! Christmas was much of the same, again, more gift cards and some cash! And a gorgeous pair of princess cut diamond earrings from the boyfriend! Awwww...I know... =) He's a keeper!
Today I had a routine OB appointment, all was well---and right on track with weight gain, blood pressure, and baby's positioning. I have not dilated yet, but soon. Today was a bonus because my doc also did an ultra sound so I got to see my little girl for the first time since the 20-week ultra sound on August 31 to determine the sex!!! As you can imagine, I was pretty ecstatic! I just can't wait to meet our little one!!
So what's new with everyone? How did you survive the holidays and plan to ring in the New Year? Fill me in!!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Here be the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as their links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My five random facts are:
- My favorite food--home cooked--is Cubed Steaks! Yep, that's right. Flour 'em and fry 'em in some Crisco and serve with ketchup and Pasta Roni's Parmesan Noodles and I'm in LOOOOVE! LOL Not the healthiest meal ever, but I swear I could eat it about 3 times a week! At least! Now who saw THAT one coming from me?! LOL
- I met Doyle at a bar. Okay, he was WORKING at said bar (as a bouncer, part time on the weekends in addition to his regular "day job" as a commercial plumber). He'd noticed me MONTHS before I'd met him, even tried to fanagle an introduction once through a friend who was a waitress there, apparently, I just ignored him! LOL And to think, that just a few short months later, I was the one who noticed him! Okay, well my friend Brooke noticed first, pointed him out to me, and proceeded to give him my number! LOL So really, I can't take credit for any of it, other than accepting his invitation out to dinner the next day! And the rest was history!
- I have 5 cats and 2 dogs and I would have many, many, MANY more of each...if I could convince Doyle of it! I love animals.
- I have worked as an office administrator for my dad's electrical contracting company for almost 10 years now---and have hated the 30-40 minute commute just as long---I am actually EXCITED to "get to" work from home soon...and am looking forward to it!
- 47 more days to go until Madison's due date. I can't wait!!!!!!!
Okay, here's who I'm tagging:
Monday, November 26, 2007
Sunday: Turkey (we didn't get leftovers from Thanksgiving so we cooked our own turkey Sunday JUST FOR THE LEFTOVERS!!)
Tuesday: Leftover Lasagna
Wednesday: Cubed Steak and Parmesan noodles
Friday: Out - we're goin' out to get our Christmas tree and will probably grab something on the way!
Need more meal planning ideas or want to see what others are having? Visit Org Junkie
Monday, November 12, 2007
We didn't make it out to the grocery store this past weekend, so we'll be using stuff that we have on stock. And I FINALLY remembered to keep the ground beef out of the freezer to defrost it! I KNOW that's what the microwave is for, but I'm picky and it never tastes the same to me when it's defrosted in the microwave!
This week's meal plan looks like this!
Monday - Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf -- I've had to cancel on this TWO weeks in a row, but you can BET I'm DOING it tonight! =)
Tuesday - Taco Salad with salsa/sour cream dressing
Wednesday - Hamburger Gravy over mashed potatos, served with corn and biscuits
Thursday - Beef Stroganoff
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Pot Roast
Sunday - Leftovers
Need more menu plan ideas? Go visit OrgJunkie. (Please note her link has changed)
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Last week I mentioned that my Tackle It Tuesday project was going to be converting my guest bedroom into a home office for when I start working from home in about 5 weeks until after Madison is born. So things went WAY better than planned and now the office is just about complete!!
Here's some pics on the progress!
My new desk!!
The shelves still need some work!
(For more Tackle It Tuesday projects, go here!)
1. I have 5 cats and 2 dogs and have a problem saying NO to more animals, although I KNOW my boyfriend would kill me were I actually to bring another home!
2. I have never wanted kids. Ever. I am having one in 2 months! =) And I can't WAIT!!!!!
3. I've been married twice. And divorced twice. The second time was NOT my fault and I am sooo glad to be out of that one!! =)
4. I am addicted to MySpace. Seriously. I NEED to check it. All the time.
5. I am OCD about washing my hands. And now, thanks to Mel, Wet Ones are my new fave!
6. I owned 5 horses growing up and lived on a 'farm' (okay, acreage, is that better?). I was a HUGE tom boy. Pfft! Really, I was!!! (I've even been in horse manure fights!) Betcha didn't see that one coming eh?! LOL
7. I write what I would like to call romance novels, however, I haven't finished any of them yet and none is long enough to be considered a novel, so we'll go with "stories".
8. I am addicted to jeans. Seriously. At last count--before I got pregnant, I had over 30 pairs. I like to buy expensive jeans...my most expensive pair was $250.00. See, I AM addicted!!!
9. I want to be famous someday. A singer, writer, whatever...
10. I miss my pre-pregnancy body! I miss smoking and drinking and dancing on stage and on the bars! BUT I know that this next stage in my life will be the best yet, so I am okay with that and glad that I had the chance to have that fun!
9 WAYS TO WIN MY HEART
1. be honest
2. be supportive
3. be open, talk to me
4. compliment me
5. love my pets
6. love me, for me, accept that I will ALWAYS take forever to get ready and usually be late for everything!
7. pay attention to the small detials, what's important to me
8. accept that I will always have clean clothes laying on the chest at the foot of the bed!
9. love my family and friends
8 THINGS I CARRY/WEAR EVERYDAY
1. flat iron
2. cell phones
3. purse/ wallet
6. hemp chapstick
7 THINGS THAT ANNOY ME
2. bad drivers
3. fake people
4. being ignored
6 STATES I'VE LIVED IN
1. Washington ( just one.)
5 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1. write and publish one of my books
2. travel to Scotland/England
3. raise Madison (and maybe have another baby someday??) and watch them become happy adults
4. be a grandma and hopefully even great grandma
5. be debt free!
4 THINGS I AM AFRAID OF
2. losing someone I love
3. child birth
3 THINGS I DO EVERYDAY
2. get ready
2 THINGS I'M TRYING NOT TO DO NOW
1 PERSON I WANT TO SEE NOW
1. Amber, I miss my sissy!
Hi, my name is:
When I'm nervous:
play with my hair, but I also do that when I am bored!
The last song I listened to:
By this time next year:
I will be almost 30 and have an almost 1-year old!!!!
I have a hard time understanding:
men, who doesn't? LOL
If I won an award, the first person I would tell:
Take my advice:
everything happens for a reason!
Most recent thing I've bought myself:
Most recent thing someone else bought me:
stuff for Madison
My favorite hair style:
i love my hair curled when Jen does it! =) I suck at it, which is why I always just flat iron it!
My middle name is:
In the morning I:
want to sleep in!!!!!
Last night I:
went to Babies R Us for Madison's dresser/changing table combo, grabbed Papa Murphy's and went to bed!
If I was an animal I'd be:
A better name for me would be:
I like mine!
Tomorrow I am:
going to work and making dinner...excitin' stuff!
Tonight I am:
going to my massage, making dinner! Another exciting night!
The 7 people I miss the most are:
my friends that I don't see as much as I used to! =(
My favorite color(s) is:
green, pink, teal
My heart is:
Monday, November 5, 2007
Here's what we're having this week!
Monday - Papa Murphy's Pizza (late night, going to get Maddie's dresser so we need to eat quick!)
Tuesday - Ranch and Herb baked chicken, red potatos, and salad
Wednesday - Layered Meatball Bake
Thursday - Easy Stovetop Stuffing and Chicken Casserole
Friday - Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Saturday - Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Sunday - Spaghetti and Meatballs at D's mom's house! Yum!
(For more Menu Plan Monday ideas, visit OrgJunkie!)
Thursday, November 1, 2007
For this weeks edition of Thursday Thirteen, I am going to shamelessly plug my own home-based side business while sharing with you THIRTEEN 2007 HOLIDAY PROMOTIONS/GIFTS FROM THE BODY SHOP!
And if you have someone to buy for on your gift list, you can order through my website directly and it will ship straight to you (or the person you purchase the gift for!), so this works for those of you even if you don't know me or live near me!
1. Sweet Chestnut Limited Edition - These items are available only while supplies last!!
2. Rich Plum Collection - items available for individual purchase are: Body Butter, Shimmering Bath Bubbles, Hand Wash, Shimmer Lip Balm, Shimmer Lotion, Shower Gel, Soap, and Bath Gloves.
3. Cranberry Collection - items available for individual purchase are: Bubble Bath, Two Tone Bath Lily, Body Butter, Hand Wash, Shimmer Lip Balm, Body Polish, Shimmer Lotion, Shower Gel, Soap.
4. Vanilla Spice Collection - items available for individual purchase are: Body Butter, Bath Melt, Hand Wash, Shimmer Lip Balm, Body Polish, Shimmer Lotion, Shower Gel, Soap.
5. Holiday Make-up Exclusive Collection - available only while supplies last!
6. Glitter Eyeliner - available only while supplies last!
7. Sparkle Pot - available only while supplies last!
8. Holiday Highshine Lip Treatment - available only while supplies last!
9. Holiday Eye and Cheek Palette - available only while supplies last!
10. Ultra Lip Gloss - available only while supplies last!
11. Holiday Accessories - available only while supplies last!
12. Holiday Home Fragrance - available only while supplies last!
13. Holiday Fragrance - available only while supplies last!
And a bonus item, because it's too good to not share!! Perfect for anyone on your Holiday Shopping List!
14. Holiday Gifts with Love
(Visit Thursday Thirteen for more participants' lists!)
So here's my recipe! Hope those of you who try it, enjoy!!! And it was super easy to make! We had a bit of meat left over as we only did three peppers so I just baked it as meatloaf and D had leftovers for lunch today!! ;)
ITALIAN STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS
1 lb+. ground meat (we used beef, but pork or turkey would work as well).
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves fresh garlic (I used the minced garlic in a jar)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste---I used a generous amount
2 cans tomato sauce or 1 large jar of Spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup cooked white rice
4 large *green* peppers (can also use yellow, red, or orange---we used yellow), sliced in half or hollowed out if you prefer to use the whole pepper.
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Grease bottom of 13x9 baking pan with olive oil. Mix meat, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, and all seasonings in large bowl. Cook rice and mix into meat mixture. Slice peppers so that you have 8 halves, and remove stems and seeds (you can also slice off the top of the pepper and use the whole pepper instead). Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in pan and pour tomato or spaghettic sauce over top and along bottom of pan. Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour; sprinkle shredded mozzerella cheese over peppers when there's about 10-15 minutes left on timer. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
This is my first Tackle It Tuesday...and my first project will be transforming the spare room/guest room/"office" to a home office. In less than two months now, I'll be working from home---full time---until after the baby is born and at least a few months old. So I'm fortunate that I work for my dad, as an office administrator, and have for almost 10 years. And while I won't get the traditional "maternity leave" (or any real "time off" for that matter), I also won't be taking a pay cut or losing any money because I WILL still be able to work!
My goal is to have the home office almost completely set up by NEXT Tuesday...so be sure to tune in to check my progress!
Guest Room/"Office" Beginning Photos
(To read more Tackle It Tuesday projects, go here)
Monday, October 29, 2007
If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be and why?
I wouldn't change anything~I was fortunate enough to have an amazing childhood, I was very blessed and my parents are absolutely the best ever!
Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?
At the beginning of a relationship, do you trust your new partner unless there is something specific to make you do otherwise, or do you withhold your trust until he/she has earned it?
I try~in the past I've been TOO trusting, naive almost, which has come back around to bite me hard in the ass! I definitely have my moments of insecurities and doubt but just try to work through it without rocking the boat too terribly badly! Fortunately, I have an amazing man who's been through a few rough relationships himself, and knows where I'm coming from....
(To participate in Manic Monday or read other folks' responses, go here!)
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Well, being as I have 5 cats and 2 dogs, I think it would take up the whole fifteen minutes to round 'em up and load 'em up so there wouldn't be much time for anything else! ;) However, it really got me to thinking what would I grab??
Most of my pictures are up in boxes in the attic, so there wouldn't be time for that. As are all of my fave pre-pregnancy clothes (aka. Seven Jeans, etc)...
So this is what I came up with:
- Purse, keys, cellphones
- File of important papers (birth certificates, divorce papers, savings bonds, etc)
- Change of clothes/shoes
- My "survival bag" (or adult diaper bag as D likes to refer to it as!) which includes my flat iron, makeup, some jewelry, and perfume in a cute Victoria's Secret tote. And yes, it really does go everywhere with me! LOL I would of course, toss my hair dryer in!
I think that's about all I would have time to realistically grab! But now it's gotten me to thinking that perhaps I should buy a fireproof lockbox for those important papers and maybe some duplicates of pictures that aren't downloaded onto my laptop or desktop computer at work.
Monday, October 22, 2007
- Monday: Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts, Parmesan noodles, and string green beans
- Tuesday: Hamburger Stuffed Pita Rolls
- Wednesday: Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf (*new recipe from my Aunt Candy!!*)
- Thursday: Biscuits and Gravy with corn
- Friday: Pizza
- Saturday: Out to eat
- Sunday: Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
What you need:
- 1lb ground beef
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8oz grated cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. mustard
- 3oz can French Fried Onions
Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, combine hamburger, bacon, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
In small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 of mixture into meat mixture. Reserve remaining ketchup mixture.
Press meat mixture into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf.
Bake 40 minutes.
Top with French Friend Onions and bake additional 10-15 minutes, or until done.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
**NOTE: You can also add barbecue sauce to taste to give it a BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger taste!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Another savings this weekend is an old habit I've placed on hold the past few years...EBAY. Now seriously, I was an addict. I would buy EVERYTHING on there...and also spend time at work shopping, until MySpace replaced that habit! Now THAT saved me some serious moola! LOL But seriously, you REALLY can save on there! Last week, I ran out of my Proactiv Renewing Cleanser. I pay $20 from the vending machine in the mall for it, after canceling my membership because I was getting bulk in the items that I DIDN'T need (and paying for it)---Repairing Lotion lasts FOREVER, as most of you Proactiv users know!! ;) Anyway, so the mall's Proactiv vending machine was EMPTY when I hit it last. I even had my cousin stop by to check again a few days later, since he lives in the area...still, no refills. So desperate, I decided to hit Ebay. Side note: I DO sell The Body Shop, and while I absolutely LOVE our Tea Tree Acne/Blemish prone skincare line, I bounce back and forth between that and the Proactiv. Okay, so back to my saving story---I found a full sized bottle,4oz, BRAND NEW, SEALED of Proactiv Renewing Cleanser on Ebay last Friday for $9.80. + S&H ($4.50). I bid, I won, I bought! So for $14.30 and a couple days of waiting, I saved $5.70!! WHOOP WHOOP!!
So ecstatic about my great bargain, on Saturday I hit Ebay again, to shop prices on my Ralph by Ralph Lauren perfume. The last bottle I had was a Christmas gift from the ex last year. I ran out a few months back, early on in my pregnancy. Now I'm not kidding, foods haven't really bothered me much during my pregnancy, but the smells of perfume has!!! Weird??! I think so! So while I have an almost full bottle of my Pink Sugar perfume, the smell makes me feel ill!! First off, I can't wear a lot of perfumes, I get headaches. So I usually just have my Pink Sugar (which now makes me want to retch!) and my Ralph, on hand. LOL, no pun intended, actually, the Ralph DOES NOT make me wanna ralph! =)
I've been desperate for my Ralph but reluctant to spend the $59.50 + tax (bringing it to just under $65), because we haven't really had the extra fundage and I've been a bit more cautious now that we're expecting. Last night I decided to hit good ol' Ebay. And I got my Ralph for $46, INCLUDING SHIPPING!! =) Saving just under $20!!!!!
My last bargain isn't so much of a savings but it DID save me money, so I've gotta share! My friends Mel and M both mentioned shampoo/conditioner savings in their blogs, so that reminded me that I DID save on my purchase of shampoo and conditioner last week. I usually buy Pureology and The Body Shop's Honey shampoo and conditioner. I bounce back and forth between these two brands every couple of weeks or so, as I feel like I need the "change". As I sell The Body Shop, I receive a 25% discount which means I pay somewhere around $11 for a bottle of shampoo or conditioner, whereas I have to purchase the Pureology at my local hair salon. Now, I'm one of the lucky souls because my bestest friends work at said hair salon and one even manages it. They've even dubbed me the honorary employee as I spend so much time there and with them all. Pureology retails for something around $25 per bottle. I scored the awesome deal of getting my shampoo AND conditioner for $27-something AFTER tax!! Talk about the hookup!!! I love my girls!!!! Just two weeks ago, I THOUGHT my Chi flat iron shorted out (my GFI outlet sparked, smoked, caught fire and turned black!)--when in all actuality, I'd instigated the short by a necklace hanging off of the medicine cabinet that arced when I unplugged my flat iron. Thankfully, my dad's an electrician, however, he was hunting when this particular accident happened. I was sure it was the flat iron going bad, so immediately tossed it in the trash and called my best friend Jen, to BEG and plead with her to hit the salon supply house to get me a new flat iron,which she did! LOVE YA JEN! She bought me the Infrashine for just $110, regularly a $200 iron!!! And as a super bonus (?), when dad came to check out my outlet a few days later, he also tested my Chi iron and declared it in perfect working order...guess now I have two flat irons, a backup in case of emergency, eh?!
So all in all (flat iron story aside), this weekend I saved about $50 on products that I LOVE and USE!!! Now to me, that is savings!
Friday, October 5, 2007
So some things I've been thinking of lately to improve myself/life, etc are:
1. Eat Healthier. I am pregnant...NOT an excuse to eat for 10! LOL Thanks, Mel! ;) I am going to try to eat better, fruits, veggies, less portions, instead of just going HOG WILD and chalking it up to pregnancy. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end, after Madison is born, and I want to fit into those size 27 $250 Seven jeans again!! =P
2. Exercise. Even a walk. I am going to start at least 3 times a day, talking my dog, Ellie May, around the neighborhood on a walk. She's a high-energy Border Collie trapped in a back yard, the exercise will do HER good as well! And perhaps on Sunday's, while D is watching football, I'll spend 15-20 minutes on the Elliptical trainier, which was relocated out to the garage.
3. BE ON TIME TO WORK (er, or TIMLIER!)...I am SICK of getting up late, hence getting to work late, which means STAYING late! Ugh. I don't like getting home at 6PM, rush to do dinner, dishes, and laundry before I can relax. If I can just manage to actually GET UP at 5AM when D gives me my wakeup call, rather than rolling over and drifting off back to sleep for another hour-hour and a half, I would be home by 4:45! Woohoo!!!!
4. Be thriftier, save money. With a baby on the way and unforseen (okay, well FORSEEN but NEW) expenses on the way such as formula and diapers, not to mention possible daycare and sick days for when I have to miss work (unpaid) to take care of Maddie. So there's two ways to make money: make more, or spend less. Hm. It seems that I have more control over the spending less option, however, if I'm on time to work (and more productive!) then perhaps that too would result in a raise! ;) So I've made a budget. Step one! Also, my friend Mel started a coupon exchange group with some friends, so not only have I met some great new ladies, but will also be saving here and there on products that I will actually USE! =)
So while it's not quite New Years, these are my almost-New-Year's resolutions. I'll keep ya posted on my progress, ya'll!!
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Anyways, so we'll ease back into this with a Menu Plan for the week!!
Monday - Chicken Alfredo Fettuccini (with garlic bread and salad, of course!)
Tuesday - Pork chops, red potatos, and green bean casserole
Wednesday - Biscuits and sausage gravy (served with corn)
Thursday - Grilled lemon pepper chicken, parmesan noodles, and salad
Friday - Papa Murphy's Pizza night!!
Saturday - SURPRISE!!! We'll be finishing up the Maddie's room so who knows where the day will take us!
Sunday - Lasagna (with garlic bread, salad, and brownies!!). We're having our families over for the "Nursery Unveiling" and dinner!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Anyways, after the ultra sound---2 bathroom breaks, 1000 phone calls, and a stop at Starbucks, Doyle, me, and our mom's headed out to South Center for a celebratory lunch and you guessed it, BABY GIRL SHOPPING!!! We hit Claim Jumper for lunch (YUM!) and arrived at Babies R Us somewhat stuffed! But the store was amazingly huge and we had no problem walking off our lunch!
We started a registry www.BabiesRus.com. Needless to say, it was a very overwhelming experience. And we're nowhere near being done to registering---but we had to stop because we'd spent HOURS in there ooohing and ahhhing over all the cute little girl stuff, furniture, nursery decor, and cool baby gadgets (most of which we had no idea WHAT it was for!)...so I need to pow-wow with a few of my "mommy" girlfriends (HELP MEL!) and decide what we really need and more importantly, what the heck it's all for! LOL =) Um, anyone see the title Babies for Dummies in MY near future??! =)
Anyways, so 3 hours later, we walked out of Babies R Us with a few goodies---we bought a couple of super cute PINK outfits, Doyle's mom bought a cute little green outfit (Doyle claims to already be "pinked out"...muahahahaha, he has NO IDEA!!) and a REALLY cute Graco Pack-n-Play, and my mom bought us the matching Graco Travel System in Cherry Blossom (brown and pink!), which is the car seat AND stroller. Pretty cool! And I still have no idea how to operate it! LOL
Friday night, my brother and his fiancee came over for dinner, movies, and game night and brought us the CUTEST balloons (one was even pink with a sports theme for Doyle!) and a PRINCESS picture frame!
Doyle and I started the nursery yesterday, we primered last night and bought the base coat paint. We're going to do Maddie's room in the Lady Bug theme from Babies R Us. I can't wait to see how it'll turn out!
We have two showers planned in November, one at my mom's which is family and friends of family and another one for friends which will be at my house put on by Misty and Brooke. I can't wait!!
I have a couple of ultra sound pics that I will be posting soon!!
Doyle, Kellie, and Madison
Thursday, August 23, 2007
1. Pergo house (except bedrooms)
2. Re-carpet baby's room
3. Baby showers (obviously!)
4. Re-paint nursery
5. Decorate nursery
6. Furnish nursery (see a pattern here?!)
7. Move litter box to garage---and gets cats to USE it out there (via cat door we recently installed!)
8. Re-do main bath decor (which will also allow Doyle to "move into" my bath...ha, we'll see...)
9. Register for baby stuff
10. Determine just exactly what "baby stuff" involves/requires
11. Decide on which brands of formula/diapers to use
12. Create/start baby book
13. Umm, learn how to change a diaper and HOLD a baby! LOL
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
1. Saw: Amber
2. Talked to on the phone: misty
4. Got a text from: Brooke
5. IMed you: shelby
1. Wearing: white gauchos and a green and white striped tee
2. Better than yesterday: yep, I feel better!
3. What were you doing two hours ago: thinking about grabbing lunch
1. Is: wednesday
2. Got any plans: work
3. Dislikes about tomorrow: it's not Saturday!
1. Missing someone: Yeah.
Q: First thing you did this morning?
A: Took a shower.
Q: What's the last thing you ate?
A: turkey and havarti with avacado and tomato on sour dough
Q: What's annoying you right now?
A: umm...that I am at work!
Q: Do you believe in long distance relationships?
A: Not for me
Q: Who is on your mind right now?
A: not a who, but a hair color!
Q. Where is the last place you went?
A: deli place to grab a sandwich
Q: Do you have any siblings?:
Q: What would you get pierced if your best friend was paying?
Q: Do you think that a person is thinking of you?
Q: Do you wish upon stars?
A: not much anymore
Q: Are you a friendly person?:
Q: Whose bed did you sleep in last night?:
Q: What color shirt are you wearing?
A: green and white striped tee
Q: Do you have more guy friends or girl friends?
Q: What was the last thing you did before you went to sleep last night?
A: nothing, dinner, dishes, and crashed!
Q: Take any vitamins?
A: supposed to take prenatals, they make me sick so take the Flinestone Complete instead!! ;)
Q: What are you about to do?
Q: Do you ever check your phone while waiting for someone to call?
Q: Rate life as of right now 1-10.
On another note, today I feel "normal"... "normal" as in pre-pregnancy normal! I went tanning for a whoppin' 15 minutes for the first time in AGES and grabbed a Caramel Mocha Frapp from Starbucks on my way in!! Most of you know that I was a Starbucks addict (and tanning junkie!) before my pregnancy, and since, coffee has pretty much sounded disgusting! I think I've had only three coffee's, since I got pregnant. And I've probably gone tanning four times, since finding out I was pregnant.
Anyways...today is gonna be a good day! =)
Monday, July 23, 2007
Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs with salad and garlic bread
Tuesday - Steak fajitas
Wednesday - Chicken (haven't decided if I am frying it yet or baking it!)
Thursday - Cube Steak and parmesan noodles
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - (not sure)
Sunday - (not sure)
I'll be sure to update Saturday and Sunday's menu's!! We're usually on the run a lot so it's just as easy to eat out as in!
Friday, July 20, 2007
- Post the rules first.
- If you are tagged you have to tell your faithful blogging public 8 random facts about yourself in a post on your blog. It can be habits, an idea, facts or just um… stuff.
- At the end of your post, choose eight other bloggers you’d like to know something about and tag them.
- Leave a comment telling them you’ve tagged them and that they will need to read your post on your blog.
Okay, so here's my 8 Random Randomness! =)
1. I have 5 cats and a dog and have a problem saying NO to more animals, although I KNOW my boyfriend would kill me were I actually to bring another home!
2. I have never wanted kids. Ever. I am having one in 6 months! =) And I'm excited about it!
3. I've been married twice. And divorced twice. The second time was NOT my fault and I am sooo glad to be out of that one!
4. I am addicted to MySpace. Seriously. I NEED to check it. All the time.
5. I am OCD about washing my hands. And now, thanks to Mel, Wet Ones are my new fave!
6. I owned 5 horses growing up and lived on a 'farm' (okay, acreage, is that better?). I was a HUGE tom boy. Pfft! Really, I was!!! (I've even been in horse manure fights!)
7. I write what I would like to call romance novels, however, I haven't finished any of them yet and none is long enough to be considered a novel, so we'll go with "stories".
8. I ran out of TP at 9:30PM last night. Seriously. LOL And I NEED to remember to stop off at the store on my way home tonight or I'm in serious trouble!
Um and since Mel already did it, I don't have anymore "blog friends!!"
Today's Crazy Craving: Donuts. Either a Krispy Kreme or a chocolate sprinkle donut. So what's wrong with that? I am not a big fan of donuts at all. In fact, usually can't stand 'em!! So weird!
So if you read my post for Monday, which was my first attempt at Meal Plan Monday, then you probably read that last nights dinner was Surprise ala Doyle! LOL =) And surprise it was indeed!! The man is an amazing cook! And not just that, but he does the dishes too!! On top of going to the grocery store after work to pick up the necessary dinner items (he gets off work a couple of hours before me!)!! Wow!!! What a man!!
When I got home from work, dinner was just coming out of the oven and dishes were already done!! And dinner was AMAZING! Here's what we had!
¼ cup butter, melted
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 (10-¾ oz) can Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1-½ cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover, 30 minutes or until tender. Drain; let cool to touch. Peel and cut into ¼-inch strips. Set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350. In large mixing bowl, combine ¼-cup butter, chopped onions, salt, sour cream, and Cream of Chicken soup. Gently stir in potatoes and cheese. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover, 30 minutes or until tender. Drain; let cool to touch. Peel and cut into ¼-inch strips. Set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 350.
In large mixing bowl, combine ¼-cup butter, chopped onions, salt, sour cream, and Cream of Chicken soup. Gently stir in potatoes and cheese.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
In separate bowl, combine 3 Tbsp. melted butter and stuffing mix, sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
1. Slurpee's - yup, that's right, tons of 7-11 runs for me for a good ol fashioned Cherry Slurpee!
2. Mashed potatos
3. Breakfast Burritos from McDonalds (the South Beach Diet ones just aren't cutting it for "baby")
4. Water with Lemon (coffee has actually sounded quite disgusting, as has pop!)
5. Ice cream
6. Cocoa Puffs
7. Rolo's (although I think I may have worn those out!)
Check out more Thursday Thirteeners and don't forget to see what's Amie's TT's are!!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Where were you July 4th, 2007?
at my house, doing a BBQ with my family
Do you like Oatmeal?
What was the last movie you watched, and who did you watch it with?
we watched part of Mr. Deeds on TV last night before we went to bed
Who was the first person you wanted to be like?
oh gosh, I don't remember!!
What are the colors of your bedroom?
gray and white
What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
turn off alarm and go back to sleep! =)
Where were you when the 9/11 attacks happened?
on my way to work
Where do you wish you lived?
i like where i live
Where is the last place you ate out at?
Aversano's with Mike and Steph
Do you have a TV in your room? What size is it?
yes, not sure, it's Doyles
Where was your default picture taken?
at Sea World in San Diego but I am gonna post a new one today!
Are you good at saving money?
yes, when I do save!
When is the last time you went over your cell phone bill?
December was really bad!
Do you like Ramen noodles?
Do you rememeber Furbies?
Do YOU smoke?
Where is your favorite football team from?
Who were you with Saturday night?
Doyle, my mom, my dad, and Doyle's mom
Did you go to church Sunday morning?
Are you taller or shorter than the rest of your family?
in the middle
How long does it take you to get ready?
Does laundry really need to be separated?
Do you own a webcam?
When is the last time you played basketball?
I don't even remember
Do you like orange juice?
Have you ever been arrested?
Have you ever gotten locked in a trunk of a car?
What sport would you improve at, if you could?
Do you wear chains?
Can you sleep in jeans?
not very comfortably
When you get out of the shower..do you put your clothes on in the bedroom or bathroom?
usually walking between my walk in closet, bedroom, and bathroom
Have you ever eaten duck?
Do you watch Big Brother?
10 states you've been to: (If you can, name ten! If not, just list what you can...)
8. South Dakota
Last dollar spent:: groceries on Saturday
Last beverage: water with lemon
Last phone call: telemarketer
Last bubble bath: years ago
Last time you cried: umm, Saturday
Last text msg received: from Doyle
Last text msg sent: to Doyle
Last birthday: 28
Have you ever dated a best friend?
Have you ever stayed up and partied 'til the sun rose?
Have you ever kissed someone & regretted it?:
Have you ever lost someone you loved? like as in died?
Have you ever been dumped?
Have you ever dumped a bf/gf?
Have you ever ran away?
7 favorite restaurants in no order:
1. The Keg
2. Pizza Hut
3. Olive Garden
4. Famous Daves BBQ
5. The Rock
6. Mama Stortini's
7. Buttered Biscuit
6 things you've done today:
1. woke up
2. took a shower
3. flat ironed my hair
4. ate breakfast
5. fed cats & dog
6. drove to work
5 of your favorite things in no order:
3. cats, dogs, horses
3 places you want to visit:
2 things you want more than anything:
1. healthy baby
2. to be happy and debt free!
1 date you will never forget
the date my baby is born!
Monday, July 16, 2007
It's nice having a man around the house again to cook for who APPRECIATES being cooked for and likes what you make! And being pregnant now, it's nice to try to eat healthier and establish a routine for when the baby is born and as she/he grows. I love to cook, however have sadly neglected that particular "art" over the past year. So I'm slowly trying to work my way back into that routine! Besides, he'll even stop by the grocery store after work to pick up what I need! How sweet is that?!
So here's what we're having this week!
Monday: Chinese Food (dinner with a friend!)
Wednesday: Hamburger Gravy and Mashed Potatos
Thursday: Doyle Surprise ---he's cooking and suprising me so I'll let ya'll know what it is!
Friday: Out to dinner with brother and sis-in-law and movies! Popcorn...yay!!!
Saturday: Out to dinner, Mexican food
Sunday: BBQ steak, baked potato, and corn
Okay so it's not much, but it's a start! =)
For more fantastic meal ideas and great recipes visit Laura and the other bloggers participating in Menu Plan Monday.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
1. Super Volume Mascara - Black
2. Coconut Body Butter
3. Honey Shampoo & Conditioner
4. Bronzing Brilliance Powder
5. Tea Tree Oil Foaming Facial Cleanser
6. Hemp Lip Care Stick
7. Sheer Lip Color 02 - Sheer Guava
8. Eye Shimmer 08 - Emerald
9. Shimmer Cube 06 - Warm
10. Invent Your Scent Collection Kit
11. Fake It - Self Tan Body Lotion
12. Vitamin E Body Butter
13. Almond Oil Moisturizing Handwash
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
yep, was married to one
2. Can you see a phone right now?
3. What are you listening to?
94.1 KMPS on the radio
4. Where is it coming from?
5. Last thing you ate?
6. What was the last thing you saw on TV?
sports that Doyle was watching last night before bed...
7. Who was the last person other than family you saw?
8. Are labels/stereotypes good?
9. Last alcoholic beverage you tasted?
oh it's been toooo long ago! =(
10. Song stuck in your head?
none at the moment
11. Acoustic or electric guitars?
12. Do you dance while getting ready for whatever?
not so much
13. What are you wearing?
tank top, tan light weight capris, flip flops
14. What is the greatest number of people you've been in front of?
too many to count
15. Have you gone skinny dipping?
16. Have you ever taken a shower while you were drunk or high?
drunk, yeah. never been high.
17. Do you like techno?
18. Have you ever been to a night club?
quite a few
20. Have you ever made out on a plane?
21. Do you have leadership skills?
yep...or dictatorship, depending on who you ask!! =) I prefer to call it "delegating"! =)
22. Can you play an instrument?
23. Have you ever sat on a roof and looked at stars?
24. Ever done that while talking on the phone to a boyfriend or girlfriend?
25. Does the song Stairway To Heaven make you sad?
no,not sure I can even recall how it goes!
26. Do you have any instruments in your room?
instruments of what sort?! heh heh
27. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have u had?
haven't ever counted, who cares?!
28. Are you currently pregnant/have you recently gotten someone pregnant?
yep, I'm 13 weeks!
29. Do you believe in love?
30. What scent are you wearing right now?
31. Are there any animals around you at the moment?
nope, they're all at home
32. Drinking anything at the moment?
water with lemon
33. Ever thought you were going to get married?
been there done that, twice
34. Last person you told you loved?
35. Last person who told you they loved you?
36. Favorite time of day?
when works over!
37. Favorite video game?
don't like video games
38. Favorite food?
39. Do you like spiders?
40. Cat person or dog person?
both! more of a cat person though!
41. Got a job?
43. Tan or pale skin?
44. You're deserted on an island, what do you have with you?
things i need to survive, my man, my family, my pets, a mall! LOL :P
45. Favorite lyrics?
Patience by Guns n Roses, or Every Rose Has It's Thorn by Poison
46. Biggest regret?
everything happens for a reason.
47. Did you have a New Years kiss?
nope, I was with my girls at the Firwood
48. What do you want the most?
49. Do you want children?
well, I am having one, so that's a moot point!
50. Are you a lover or a fighter?
Monday, July 9, 2007
Anyways---I spent the whole weekend, from Friday night 'til Sunday night, cleaning and organizing the house. My man, who I jokingly refer to as the Cleaning Nazi now, really cracked the whip and we were able to spruce the place up quite a bit! Lots of donating to Salvation Army, downsizing, and making room for "baby", which is only a frightening 6 months off!! My office is actually an office again (slash guest room), rather than cluttered storage room, and the "nursery" is just about empty of well, misc junk! You can actually walk in my walk-in closet and see the tops of my dressers!! I packed away all of my pre-pregnancy clothes that I wanted to keep for after the baby is born, essentials like my Seven jeans, Silvers, cute tops, and work clothes that just don't fit comfortably anymore. The rest I donated and gave to friends.
The back patio is once again a patio--the dog kennel got moved to the garage (which we cleaned out as well!)--and the cats will be joining Ellie May in the garage before long as well as adventuring outside in the yard! I will soon have my house back to ship shape!! I didn't realize how much there was to do!! Guess that's what three years of being married to a closet drug-addict will do to a person!
Thursday, July 5, 2007
1. San Diego, CA
2. Vale, Oregon
3. Las Vegas, NV
4. Reno, NV
5. Jackson Hole, WY
6. Kalispell, MT
7. Seaside, OR
8. Susanville, CA
9. Yellowstone National Park, WY
10. Boise, ID
11. Spokane, WA
12. Rapid City, SD
13. Mt. Rushmore, SD
For more Thursday Thirteen Posts, visit Thursday Thirteen
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Here's what I came up with last night!!
Buffalo Chicken Wing Salad
1 package Tyson Buffalo Chicken Pieces (boneless wings)
1 package salad mix (I prefer the one with extra veggies!)
cucumbers, peeled and sliced
peppers (green, red, or yellow), diced
dressing (bleu cheese, ranch, thousand island, honey mustard or your choice)
Bake the chicken wings as directed on package (about 15 minutes).
Garnish salad with cooked chicken and dressing.
Serve with fresh breadsticks.