Wednesday, February 20, 2008

$uper $aving$ Wednesday!

So I am borrowing Mel's Super Savings Saturday a few days early because my "super savings" was too good to NOT share!!!

I went to Target today for printer ink (on the business), invitations for my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's Bridal Shower, and a hoodie (so sue me, I'm STILL not yet back into my pre-preggo clothes and I am seriously SICK to death of wearing the same 3-4 hoodies over and over and over again! Besides, mom bought me a shirt for Valentine's Day that I just didn't care for, so I returned it and the hoodie was practically free after that!) and I accidentally stumbled upon a FORMULA $aving$!!! I mean, we're talking HUGE!!! Gigantic! Enormous!!!

They had a 30.8oz cannister (20% more than the regular size!) of our Similac Advance on sale for $18.20. Regularly $26. Costco normally has the 36oz for $29.99. I snagged up two cannisters. So super deal, right?? Well, it gets better!

I happen to have in my Coupon Wallet...5 (yes, FIVE!) coupons for $5.00 off of any purchase of Similac...thanks to signing up on their website before Maddie was born, due to Mel's urging! So I used two of my precious coupons...bringing the total for EACH cannister of 30.8oz formula down to...$13.20!!!! WOO HOO!! So see, I paid $26.40 TOTAL, which is .40 MORE than their regular sized (25.7oz for those who care to know!) almost 62oz of formula!!!! WAAAAAY cheaper even than Costco's 36oz!!!!

So that made my day!!! I don't know if it's just my Target that's got it on clearance but if you have a store near you or need to make a trip to one anyway, you might want to swing by the formula aisle and check it out!

Oh...and be SURE to sign up on the websites for $uper $avings for Similac, Enfamil, Pampers, Huggies, etc. It really does add up and put money INTO your back pocket!!!

4 comments:

BBBkids said...

Target has had some really good clearance deals lately! I saw the formula but I wasn't sure if it was a good price since I haven't used the stuff in over 10 years!!
Great job on using a sale + coupons... gotta love saving money!! :)

Keren said...

wow...Im impressed...you're blogging quite regularly now!! yay... :) I love all of Madisons new pictures..shes such a doll!! Thanks for the money saving site..I will definatley be checking it out!! ...keep blogging...Im enjoying reading! :)

Melonie said...

Great job! woohoo! See, I told you the sites were worth it. LOL

Cheryl said...

Excellent shopping! I've been telling people about Target's clearance areas for years! I love combining clearance items along with coupons!