Friday, June 22, 2007

Buffalo Chicken Wing Salad

Summer is officially here!! And what a beautiful day we ended up with yesterday to welcome my favorite season to the Great Northwest!! I don't know about you, but when the weather is hot and it's sunny out, the last thing I want to do when I get home from work and being cooped up in my office all day is prepare a hot, complicated meal. No way!! I want something quick, nourishing, and virtually mess-free so I can get outside and enjoy the weather!

Here's what I came up with last night!!

Buffalo Chicken Wing Salad

1 package Tyson Buffalo Chicken Pieces (boneless wings)
1 package salad mix (I prefer the one with extra veggies!)
grape tomatos
cucumbers, peeled and sliced
peppers (green, red, or yellow), diced
shredded cheese
croutons
salad toppings
dressing (bleu cheese, ranch, thousand island, honey mustard or your choice)

Bake the chicken wings as directed on package (about 15 minutes).
Garnish salad with cooked chicken and dressing.

Serve with fresh breadsticks.

No comments: